Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Digit-al Dozen Does Blue - Spazmatic Tips


Day two of The Digit-al Dozen Blue Week! Today I bring you a jeweled french tip mani! I did one of these a few weeks ago (using other colors) and loved how it turned out so I thought I would do it again!


I first started out by applying OPI Pink-a-Doodle (not pictured) as my base color. This is a perfect pink for french manis! I then applied Orly Sweet Peacock on my tips. Hmmm, a little uneven. But that's alright because the next step helps to camouflage that problem! :)


I sponged on Orly Spazmatic on my tips. This is a clear base blue hex glitter with blue micro glitter. Gorgeous! It is part of their Glam FX line that was released earlier this summer.


And next up I finished with Orly Prisma Gloss Silver for a bit of added dimension. I love how it turned out! I am quite fond of these funky french tips! They are easy and sophisticated! :)


My base coat for this mani? Good ol' Elmer's Glue. Yep, I really wanted to try and see if it works! Also, in this picture I have added HK Girl Top Coat.

** edit ** 4 days later **


Ok, so this is day 4 of this mani! Look how well the glue base held up, and the HK Girl top coat! This is even with a day of working truck at work! (unloading boxes and putting out inventory) Not too shabby!

 

And look it! All peeled off! Well, except for a few bits and pieces here and there. But all in all this worked fabulously! And took 5 minutes to do both hands! Sa-weet! I'm sold! I can't wait how satisfying it'll be on a full glitter mani! Oh, and I loved picking it all off! :)

 

Sadly I didn't have the big pieces like I have seen others peel off. But I think that is because it wasn't full on glitter. But oh well! Still awesome and amazing! :)



 

Don't forget to check out the full line-up of ladies in The Digit-al Dozen:





A Girl and Her Polish

Beautygnome
Bee Polished
Caitlin's Creative Corner
Geeky Owl
Glowstars.net
Gnarly Gnails
Manicurator
Manicurity
PishPosh and Polish
The Crumpet
Toxic Vanity

No comments:

Post a Comment