Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dupes? Essence Choose Me, Fashionista Mystical Dragon, Jesse's Girl Glee, and Orly Halley's Comet


 Today I bring you four beautiful polishes! Essence Choose Me!, Fashionista Mystical Dragon, Jesse's Girl Glee, and Orly Halley's Comet. This is what I found after swatching all my polishes! There different.....right? Errr........maybe? Why don't we take a closer look, shall we?

**Picture Heavy**


Macro bottle shot of Essence Choose Me! Retails for 99 cents, is 0.16 fl oz and is found at Ulta (at least here in the US).

 

Macro bottle shot of Fashionista Mystical Dragon. Retails for 5 pounds (sorry don't know where the symbol is) which converts to $7.85 (according to Yahoo finance), is around 0.38 fl oz, and is found at Superdrug. Or is you have an amazing polish friend who lives in England and has access to it! You know who you are ;)

 

Macro bottle shot of Jesse's Girl Glee. (anyone else thing of Jesse St. James and Rachel Berry From Glee when they read that?) Retails for $2.99, is 0.35 fl oz, and is found at Rite Aid.


Macro bottle shot of Orly Halley's Comet. Retails originally for $10 (but now is clearanced), is 0.60 fl oz, and is found at (if they have any more) Ulta, Sallys, and Amazon (plus many other places).

 

Here is one coat of each polish. (l-r) Essence Choose Me!, Fashionista Mystical Dragon, Jesse's Girl Glee, and Orly Halley's Comet. Right off the bat you can see that my middle finger, Fashionista Mystical Dragon, is more opaque. You can see visible nail line (VLN) on all other fingers. My ring finger, Jesse's Girl Glee, shows a few bare spots because the polish sort of dragged. The other three polishes all applied very nicely!


Two coats of each polish. (l-r) Essence Choose Me!, Fashionista Mystical Dragon, Jesse's Girl Glee, and Orly Halley's Comet. My pointer finger Essence Choose Me! is much lighter than the other three polishes. Again, my middle finger Fashionista Mystical Dragon, is darker and more opaque. Could have been fine with just the one coat. My ring finger,  still shows some of the bare spots (a third coat would have covered it all). On my pinkie finger, Orly Halley's Comet, is a tad more green, only a smidgen if that. You can still sort of see some VNL on my pointer and ring finger.

All these polishes are teal based and jammed back with glass flecks and are just stunning in the light!


Look at that shine and sparkle! Look at all those flecks of gorgeousness! Two coats of each polish. (l-r) Essence Choose Me!, Fashionista Mystical Dragon, Jesse's Girl Glee, and Orly Halley's Comet.


And again another angle. The edges take a on a deeper hue. Two coats of each polish. (l-r) Essence Choose Me!, Fashionista Mystical Dragon, Jesse's Girl Glee, and Orly Halley's Comet.

There are also other polishes that belong with this comparison. Wet 'n Wild Teal of Fortune (I own this but it went missing when I did this post, weird!) and Zoya Charla (which I don't own).

The blog I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous does a great comparison post that includes these two polishes: Comparison: Zoya Charla, Essence Choose Me, Orly Halley's Comet, & Wet n Wild Teal of Fortune. Please click the link and go check it out! :) She says that the Wet 'n Wild Teal of Fortune isn't a dupe, it is more blue based. But that Zoya Charla looks exactly like Orly Halley's Comet and Essence Choose Me! So I would assume that is would also look like Jesse's Girl Glee and Fashionista Mystical Dragon.

So are they dupes? I believe Essence Choose Me! Is a bit lighter than the rest, the blue/teal isn't as deeply saturated. But they are all pretty close and you wouldn't be sad if you only had just one of these. Fashionista has the best coverage as it is pretty much opaque on it's first coat. And Jesse's Girl Glee likes to drag a bit. But I would think it's safe to say that they are all pretty close and could be considered dupes!

Do you have any of these or all of them like me? 

I am planning on a blog sale soon and will possible be putting a few of these up on it. So, if you don't have any and would like one, wait around a bit and you soon could! My blog sale will be up around the beginning of August (would be sooner but I am going on vacation and won't have that much internet and wouldn't be able to keep track of it all!).

I hope you enjoyed this comparison/dupe post because while swatching my polishes I have found quite a few more! >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment