Monday, June 25, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays: Jelly Sandwich...Mattified!

 

Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays are where we re-create manis from different blogs or pictures we have "pinned" on Pinterest, and link back to the original blogger!

Today I did a Jelly Sandwich (or Sammich). Yes I've done one before, but this one is mattified! Wahoo! :)


Here is another shot of my Jelly Sandwich Mattified! You might recognized this mani as I showed you part of it on Friday for my TGIF: Thank Goodness, Indie Friday - Sonoma Nail Art Clockwork. But I have now made it a sandwich and mattified it. :)

So, the ingredients are: base polish is OPI Skull & Glossbones. Glitter: Sonoma Nail Art Clockwork. Top polish: OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It. And then added China Glaze Matte Magic to finish it off! 


This is the concept that I was inspired by. A gorgeous Sandy Sandwich....Mattified by The Nailasaurus (please click image of title to be sent to her site). I love the unconventional color of this. I usually see jelly sandwiches using pinks, blues, or whites. But I am loving this neutral! I think I need the OPI she used! (PS it's OPI Samoan Sand, just to let you know).


This is how it started out. Two coats of OPI Skull & Glossbones with one coat Sonoma Nail Art Clockwork.


Add one coat of OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It. This is a sheer silver shimmer with pink sparkles. This is a pretty mani just like this, but I had to make it a Monkey See Monkey Do! :)



And voila! A Jelly Sandwich.....Mattified! :) Yes, it's still a bit shiny with the glitter, but that's because you can't hide the awesomeness that is Clockwork by Sonoma Nail Art! ;) I am loving this mani a ton! I have been told it looks like a bird's egg or even stone.

Would you like to join Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays? Click the image below or the one on my side bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment