Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Reads - A Game of Thrones


Today I am going to review a book that I haven't finished yet. This is my half-way point review of George R.R. Martin's best seller: A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1).


For some reason these types of books take me longer to read because I read them more in detail than skim them like my romances fun reads! But I love these types of books too! What I totally love about it is that it is a series! Yes!

I admit, I jumped on the band wagon to read this book because everyone was talking about it and the HBO series. But what better is word of mouth for a book? So far I have only one complaint about this book. There needs to be a list of characters in the beginning so I can keep track of who's who. Other than that? Nothing else is wrong with it!

The story takes place in a land where summers can last for years as well as winters! (ew! hahaha!) There is a Wall at the North that protects the land from sinister and supernatural forces. The main families in the are the Starks at Winterfell and the Lannisters as well as the King who is married to a Lannister. From what I can deceive so far it is a story between the relationship of the Starks and Lannisters. The Starks are the ones you are hoping only good things befall. The Lannisters? Not so much :) There is another family exiled on an island that have claim to the throne, the young dragon prince. The story contains knights and princess and Kings and Queens; mystery and love and betrayal and honor!

So far the little things are just starting to build to bigger issues. I am learning all the characters and how the mix together and stand on their own. It's a bit of a slower read but it is interesting to keep you occupied! I like it so far, but I will keep you updated!

Sorry, not much of a review but I am curious as to how many of you have read this book or the entire series? Are you geeky too? :)

But man I wish I had HBO to watch the TV show. Though so far the book has only one bedroom scene (not really graphic) the TV show looks a bit more graphic, also consider it is on HBO.


No comments:

Post a Comment