Tuesday, January 10, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 10, Gradient Nails


So in the past I have attempted doing a gradient on each nail. And I failed miserably! Well as I was researching for this challenge I came across Emerald Sparkle's post where she says that an Ombre is a type of gradient. So I attempted that! And I think it was a fail too. It turned out to be more of a polish comparison. I promise I used 5 different colors. Here, let me show you:


See! 5 polishes! (l-r) OPI Stranger Tides (on my thumb), OPI Mermaid's Tears (pointer), Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter (middle), Orly Lucky Duck (ring), and Finger Paints Go Van Gogh! (pinky). In the bottle I thought these would make a good ombre. But it turns out that Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter is way too blue when painted. And Orly Lucky Duck and Finger Paints Go Van Gogh! Are so similar! Maybe even a dupe?


Here is a close up of the look a-likes. Mermaid Tears, Tiffany Imposter, Lucky Duck, and Go Van Gogh! Granted, Tiffany Imposter is more blue when painted, but check out the bottle comparison:


See! Very similar in the bottle with Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter (on the right) being only a smidgen more blue. But after painting it on.....way more blue! I don't have China Glaze For Audrey, but I wonder how it compares with Tiffany Imposter. Hmmm, maybe I should get a do a comparison, or maybe I will google it and see! *searching* Found one! Actually found a few, but I chose this one: Frazzle and Aniploish comparison of Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter and China Glaze For Audrey, in case you were curious, like me!

Now, let's take a closer bottle look at Orly Lucky Duck and Finger Paints Go Van Gogh!


When I first grabbed Finger Paints Go Van Gogh! (right) I thought it was darker than Orly Lucky Duck. But sitting here looking at them, they are pretty similar! Perhaps Go Van Gogh is a bit darker. Dupes? Let's check google again! *searching* Hmm, I can't really seem to find one. Looks like I have a new post to do! :)

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies did for their Gradient nails with: Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment