Wednesday, January 18, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 18, Half Moon Nails

**WARNING: we interrupt this blog post to bring you this important announcement. Do not look directly at cuticles, may cause cringing and involuntary gasps. That is all**


Good, I'm glad to see that our warning system is in check. Today is half moon nails. I'm not a huge fan of this trend. I think it's really weird. But my list said to do it and I did, but with a twist! I copied Chloe's Nails Edgy Half Moon Mani. I figured I had the Wet n Wild Hannah Pinktana, so why not try it! My Hannah Pinktana isn't as dark as hers but you still get the picture. I used Sally Hansen Black Out as my base.You can see my mess up on my pointer finger, a little too much polish and not enough sticky on the tape.


Here is a close up of the holo-goodness of Hannah Pinktana that I never knew existed until I looked at Chloe's blog! Pretty! But there's something, I don't know, very 80's about this mani. It might be the sharpness of the v? Who knows. But it rings a little 1980 art deco to me.

I'm sorry about the ickiness that is my skin and cuticles. I think that this mani a day is sucking my will to live  I mean it's really starting to dry out my hands, no matter what Burt's Bees or hand lotion I use. Also, the season is changing here in Arizona (from mild winter to short lived spring) and that really bothers my skin. So I'm sorry! :)

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies are doing today with their Half Moon nails (I know some of them did this type of edgy mani too! I'm not unique!) with Bec at Lacquer Dreams, Julia at Julia Loves Nails, Emma at Manicurity, Linda at Nail Polish Enthusiast, Alyssa at Fancy Phalanges, and Jenna at The Key to Jennasis and April at Munia's Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment