Monday, August 6, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays: Striping Tape Plaid

 

Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays are where we re-create manis from different blogs or pictures we have "pinned" on Pinterest, and link back to the original blogger!

Today I decided to put on my big girl undies and try a striping tape mani! For some reason tape manis of any kind scare me! >_<


Here is the original that I decided to attempt. This is from The Polished Squirrel, a cute blog that you all should follow! (please click on the image or the blog title to be sent to her site!) I love the colors she chose! So fun! And the design, I thought to myself, I can do that too! (hopefully!)


I love how mine turned out! Yes, there is a little boo-boo on the pointer finger but I still lurve it! :) I used China Glaze Kalahari Kiss as the base with OPI You Don't Know Jacques Suede as the over-color (is that the word I'm looking for?). I love how it looks all warm and comfy like a fall sweater! :) Oh and this suede rocked as an over-color(?), perfect application and opaqueness! :)


Here is a photo to show you China Glaze Kalahari Kiss on it's own. This color is so unique in my collection! It's gorgeous! Like a straw/khaki color!

Would you like to join Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays? Click the image below or the one on my side bar.



Don't forget to check out the other ladies doing Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays!

Amber Did It!
Angelina's Nails & More 
A Polish Addiction
Beaching Nails
Bee Polished
Cherry Sweets
The Clockwise Nail Polish 
The Crumpet
The Cute-icle Chronicles
Dressed Up Digits
Drugstore Junkie
Enigmatic Rambles
Erin's Beauty Bumbles
Esta Cerrada la Drogueria
Fancy Phalanges
Fanning the Fumes
Follow The Yellow Polish Road
Geeky Owl
Gnarly Gnails
Gorgeois
Jens Painted Tips
Kawaiinize Your World
Lacquer or Leave Her
Lacquered Libra
LeSamowen: Life, Love, and Nail Polish
Little Fairy
Macabre Manicures
The Manicured Monkey
Manicurity
Maquiclub Girl
The (mis)Adventures of a Wanna Be Martha
My Wet Nails
Nails and Vanities
Nail Tales
Nail Wish
Nailpolish is My Crack 
Never Naked Nails
Our Painted World
PishPosh and Polish
Pointless Cafe
Polish Crazed
Polish Lover
Polish My Mind 
Rin's Nail Files
Secretary's Nail Art
Susy In Color
Sweet Sugar
Tales of Knit and Nails
Toxic Vanity

No comments:

Post a Comment