Sunday, April 8, 2012

Adventures in Stamping: Easter Mani


So, I realized I only have one real-legitimate Easter themed stamp. Chez-Delaney plate H6. A teeny tiny chick popping out of an egg. Easter! Huh? It's the best I could do in the amount of time I didn't have. But I think it still turned out cute, not the best I've ever done, but we are all allowed these types of days (some more than others).

So I started with Models Own Lemon Meringue. And can I tell you what calming peaceful beautiful creamy yellow this is? I love it! I used two coats because the first coat didn't not go on very smooth and had some rough patches, but the second coat filled them in with no problems!

I added a coat of Seche Vite before topping it off with Essence Nail Art Twin Edward (yep he sparkles!). This is a lovely easy to use teal glitter with clear base. The glitter is green/teal squares with small teal glitter and micro holo glitter. Love!

I used Konad Special White for the eggshell of the stamp and Kleancolors Metallic Yellow for the chick! This is a slightly different look than I'm used to but I like it nonetheless! :)



Here is a shot of the Lemon Meringue, two coats and a coat of Seche Vite. Isn't it purdy! This is one of three Models Own polishes that I own and the first that I have used. This one wasn't the best polish I had ever used but not the worst either, just always a two coat to make it even. No big deal at all! At with that color as a result, I'm smitten! :)

So, I've had this Etsy shop for awhile now but I have revamped it and renamed it to Geeky Owl (coincidence? I think not!) Right now it just carries the bookmarks that I make but I hope to add different items to it eventually, hopefully when school is over I can get back to it all! :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/geekyowl

Hope you all have a safe weekend full of fun manis and exciting new polishes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment