Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Teal Tuesdays - Tape Mani


Our challenge for this weeks Tealicure is a tape mani! Gulp! I've been putting this trend off because I was nervous! :) I decided to go to Nailside for a tutorial because she does some amazing tape manis! Her tutorial that I used was: Nailside: Tutorial: Mummy tape mani. My mani turned out to be more tiger stripes than mummy wrappings but I was happy with it. My right hand was way better because I did it after the left hand (more practice), so that is why my right hand gets the starring picture! :) But sorry for the less than perfect polish job because my left hand isn't as good as applying the polish, so there's a bit of cuticle flooding. :)



My base coat is Essence Bella from the Nail Art Twins that I got from Jewli from Fanning the Fumes in this awesome swap. Like all other Essence polishes it went one like a dream! Look at that shine! Bella is a gorgeous teal creme that everyone should have in their collection, that is, if you can find it! Sadly the Nail Art Twins are discontinued! :(


Here's my left hand. See, not as great as the right but still not horrible! I'm proud of myself! :) I used Essence Nail Art Twin in Romeo as the over color. He is a lovely grey creme with purple undertones.

Have you ladies every done a tape mani? Do you like them? I love the look of them but it takes time and work! At least for me it does! :)




Teal Tuesdays was started because teal is unloved and needed its own day of celebration!
Teal is a medium to dark bluish green color of low saturation; a dark cyan.
Open to interpretation, anything green with a hint of blue or blue with a hint of green is welcome here!
Aqua, Turquoise,Tiffany Blue, etc etc...all are welcome - we do not discriminate!
Click the Teal Tuesdays logo on this post or in my sidebar to be taken to the facebook page!

Some of the other blogs participating are
Colorsplash Nails
Gaga for Nails
Fancy Phalanges 
Gnarly Gnails
Geeky Owl
Mandy's Polish
Nails Beautiqued
No Holos!
Persistently Glittery
Simple-and-Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment